Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lesson (second degree equations)

Day 1

Task 3

3.1 What materials you use?
I started the lesson (Solve the second degree equation in one variable) by using computer and software program and I used the projector to present information.

3.2 What are the learning activities?
If I used learning style is visual, I make the students, draw pictures in the margins, look at the graphics, and read the text that explains the graphics, envision the topic in their thoughts.

If I used learning style is auditory, I make the students, listen to the words when I read and I used audio narration to attract the student learning, try to develop an internal conversation between their and the text.

If I used learning style is tactile/kinesthetic, I used a pencil or highlighter pen to mark passages that are meaningful to them, I make the students to take notes, transferring the information to the margins of the book, or onto a computer. I hold the book in my hands instead of placing it on a table. I walk around when I am reading.

3.3 What are the teaching activities?
I putted the main objectives for my lesson before I start, the students must be able to:
The student will be introduced to various methods of solving quadratic equations.

Find square roots of variable expressions and use them to solve equations and problems.

Choose the best method for solving a quadratic equation


I asked the students about the previous knowledge, which related to this lesson and I asked them to draw concept map (about Methods, which using to solve the second degree equation) such as analyses by completing square, I gave them real examples to fix new information (solve the second degree equation by using new rule).



Also I gave them many examples about how to apply this rule and I followed them when they work to help them.

3.4 How do you assess?
I gave them a simple quiz about 15 minute to assess the students if they understand or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment